How to enter different commands onto each device for Device.CLI.Modify Config
If you want to configure each of the selected devices in a different way, there are two ways to achieve this:
- Create a separate Device.CLI.Modify Config activity for each device and set the commands to be entered in the options tab.
This method involves having a separate scheduled activity for each device you want to modify.
- Create a single Device.CLI.Modify Config activity and select all the devices you want to modify.
Or, read commandsfrom file option.
- Specify the
%BaseFile%value as part of the file name.
- Create a separate text file for each device that contains the commands you want to have entered into the config.
- Specify a file name:
- Select a device for the
%BaseFile%variable. In this example, we use CiscoRouter1. A list of other devices and their respective base filename include:
Device name Base filename Config commands filename CiscoRouter1 CiscoRouter1
Sales Switch Sales_Switch
Any spaces and invalid characters are replaced by an underscore (
_) in the base filename.
- In the text file, enter a list of commands. For example, in the file
C:\CatTools\CiscoRouter1.txt, enter the commands:
Interface s 0/0
Description New WAN link to head office
- You can create a text file for multiple devices. Enter different commands in each text file and then run the activity. CatTools automatically matches the correct text file with the device based on the