Add DHCP Servers to IPAM
DHCP Scope Monitoring allows you to add/edit DHCP Servers and configure the scan settings.
- Click DHCP Scope Monitoring tab.
- Click DHCP Servers.
- Click Add New DHCP Server.
- Select the DHCP node to be added from the list of nodes.
- Choose or create the necessary Windows Adding DHCP Servers to IPAM Credentials from the list. Click TEST to verify the credential.
- Select the DHCP Server Scan Settings. Default is set to four hours.
- If you want to automatically add new scopes and subnets after scanning, check the box.
- If you want to IPAM to scan using ICMP and SNMP to obtain additional IP Address details, check the Enable subnet scanning box and select the scanning interval.
- Click ADD DHCP SERVER.
- IPAM needs the Windows account to have the Interactive log on rights, that is, Allow log on Locally.
- All Windows credentials are sent in clear text during configuration only. The Windows account specified within IPAM must be on the DHCP server and one of the three following groups:
- DHCP Users
- DHCP Administrators
- Local Administrators
IPAM impersonates the specified account on the local computer to gain access. If the IPAM computer is not within the same windows domain as the DHCP server, the IPAM computer must have the identical account and password.