Add a vCenter, HyperV host, or standalone ESX host for monitoring in VMAN
To add a new vCenter, Hyper-V host, or standalone ESX host for monitoring, in the Orion Web Console, navigate to Settings > All Settings > Add VMware vCenter or Hyper-V devices.
You can also reach the same wizard in other ways:
- Choose the option for VMware vCenter or Hyper-V devices in the Add Node wizard.
- On the 2nd page of the Network Sonar Wizard, click ADD VMWARE VCENTER OR HYPER-V DEVICES.
- On the Getting Started with Virtualization Manager resource, click ADD VMWARE VCENTER OR HYPER-V DEVICES.
- In Discovery Central, click ADD VMWARE VCENTER OR HYPER-V DEVICES.
Follow the steps in the wizard to add a new device:
- Select the type of virtual object you'd like to add: vCenter, Hyper-V, or Standalone ESX host. Click Next.
- Enter the IP for the virtual object you're adding (this can be auto-populated in some cases if you've entered the IP in a previous step).
- Enter the credentials used for the virtual object. You can select a credential that you've already saved, or select <New Credential> to save a new one in the Orion Web Console. Click Next.
Note: VMAN will be able to monitor objects and metrics that match the permission level of your credential. Make sure to enter credentials that have the correct permissions for the object you wish to monitor.
- The Metrics screen shows you what VMAN will monitor.
- Click Finish to finalize, or click Finish and Add Another to add another virtual device after adding the current one.
As soon as you've finished adding the vCenter, Hyper-V host, or standalone ESX host, VMAN begins monitoring it.
Adding a vCenter for monitoring will also automatically add all of the vCenter's child VMs for monitoring in VMAN as nodes.