The 'Do Not Alert' alert in the Orion Platform
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products except for the following products:
EOC — ETS — WPM
You can use custom properties to suppress alerts from being triggered when an object goes down. In this case, include a custom property in the alert condition that stops the alert from being fired.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- In the Node & Group Management group, click Manage Custom Properties.
- Click Add Custom Property.
- Create a Boolean (Yes/No) custom property called
- Click Select Nodes.
- Select all of the nodes on the system.
- Click the green arrow to move all selected nodes to the right.
- Set the AlertOnThis property to
- For devices for which you do not want to receive an alert, set the custom property to
Define the alert to trigger when the AlertOnThis custom property is equal to
Yesand the Node Status is equal to
If you use the AlertOnThis custom property, every alert must include the AlertOnThis check. Otherwise, all nodes will trigger alerts regardless of how this custom property is set.