Troubleshooting hardware health in the Orion Platform
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
NAM — NPM — NTA — SAM — SRM
Incorrect hardware health statistics
If you can see that Orion Web Console does not display correct status information about your sensors, consider changing the MIB tree used for polling your Cisco device.
Temperature shown in unsuitable units
Temperature statistics can be displayed in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit.
Data are not available in custom hardware health charts
When monitoring hardware health, there might be sensors which do not report values, just the sensor status. These sensors cannot be displayed in charts because the data used for creating the chart are missing.
Consider how often you need to poll the hardware statistics, and how long you need to archive them.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Thresholds & Polling grouping, click Polling Settings, and scroll down to the Hardware Health Polling section.
- Enter a longer polling interval.
- Shorten the retention periods.
- Click Submit.
Hardware health statistics will be polled according to the polling frequency, and retained for the defined retention periods.