Restrict user access to network areas by applying limitations in the Orion Platform
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products except for the following products:
EOC — WPM
To limit user access, apply a limitation on the user account, and specify the network area the user can access. Depending on the limitation, you can use logical operators and wildcards.
Pattern limitations can have a negative impact on performance and are error prone.
If the default limitations are not enough, you can create limitations based on custom properties, and apply them on user accounts.
- Group limitations are not applied until after the group availability is calculated.
- Because SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) initially caches account limitations, it may take up to a minute for account limitations to take effect in SolarWinds NTA.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the User Accounts grouping, click Manage Accounts.
Edit an individual or group account.
- Click Add Limitation in the Account Limitations section.
- Select the type of limitation to apply, and click Continue.
- Define the limitation, and click Submit.
The limitation will be added to the Edit Account page.
- Click Submit.
When the user logs back in, the account respects the limitations applied to it.