Upgrade Web Transaction Recorders on remote machines
When you upgrade the primary WPM application, the latest version of the Web Transaction Recorder on the Orion server is upgraded automatically. These steps describe how to upgrade recorders on remote systems.
Before upgrading the OS on a remote system that hosts a recorder or player to Windows 10 v.1607 or later, SolarWinds recommends backing up recorder configuration (*.config) files. Otherwise, Windows may overwrite those files when you upgrade.
There are two ways to upgrade a recorder, depending on whether the Orion Web Console is available on the host computer.
Review the latest Web Transaction Recorder requirements before upgrading.
If the host system can connect to the Orion Web Console, follow these steps:
- Log into the Orion Web Console on the host system.
- Click Settings > All Settings> WPM Settings > Manage Recordings.
- On the Manage Recordings page, click Download New Recorder.
- Click the
TransactionRecorder.exefile in the Windows taskbar.
- If a User Account Control window prompts for permission to install the program, click Yes.
- When the WPM Setup Wizard appears, click Next.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- To verify installation, launch the Web Transaction Recorder and create a recording.
If the host system cannot connect to the Orion Web Console, follow these steps:
- Log into the Orion Web Console on the Orion server.
- Follow the steps above to download the latest
TransactionRecorder.exeto the remote system.
Run the EXE file to upgrade the recorder on the remote system.
The default directory is
C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\SEUM\Recorder