Uninstall SolarWinds VNQM
Complete the following steps to remove only VNQM from an Orion deployment (leaving other Orion Platform products).
To uninstall your entire Orion deployment, see Uninstall all Orion Platform products from a server and prepare for reinstall.
Before you start
Before you uninstall the product, complete the following tasks:
- Back up the existing database.
- If you have your database on a VM, create a snapshot or copy of your VM.
- If you need help with backups, see your database vendor documentation.
- If you'd like to use SolarWinds Backup, click here for information.
- Back up product folders. You may have customizations in these folders specific to your installations.
To remove VNQM from a server, complete the following steps:
- Remove product licenses:
- In the Orion Web Console, select Settings > All Settings.
- Under Details, click License Manager.
- In the web-based License Manager, select the product license to remove.
- Click Deactivate.
This removes the license activation and server assignment.
With the license deactivated, it is parked, or available but unused.
- Remove VNQM:
- Open Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel.
- Select SolarWinds VNQM, and click Uninstall.
The Configuration wizard will automatically launch.
Run the Configuration wizard:
The SolarWinds Configuration wizard opens when the uninstallation is complete. If the Configuration wizard does not load automatically, start the Configuration wizard through Start > SolarWinds Orion > Configuration Wizard.
The Configuration wizard runs to verify other elements of your Orion deployment and makes repairs if needed.
- On the Welcome panel of the Configuration wizard, select all components and click Next.
- Complete the wizard.
- Restart the server.
For further information and assistance uninstalling your product, contact Support.