Beginning in SEM 6.2.0, you can upgrade your connectors using the SEM console. For versions prior to 6.2.0, update your connectors using the CMC command interface.
Upgrade connectors using the SEM Console
- On the SEM Console, click the Settings button.
- On the Settings page, click the Updates tab.
- Under Connector Updates, click Update now.
A confirmation message appears indicating the status of the update.
You can also click the toggle button to enable automatic updates.
Upgrade connectors using the CMC interface
- Download the current Connector Update package from the SEM Additional Components page located on the SolarWinds Customer Portal.
- Prepare the update package.
Connector Update Packagefile.
The directory structure uses approximately 100 MB of disk space.
- Open the
Copy the SEM folder to the root of a network share.
The connector locates the SEM directory under the root of the share.
- Connect to the SEM virtual appliance using a virtual console or SSH client.
If you are using a virtual console, scroll down to Advanced Configuration, and then press Enter.
If you are using an SSH Client, log in using your CMC credentials.
Update the connectors.
Press Enter after entering each command.
- At the
- At the
- Press Enter to begin the upgrade process.
Enter your Windows destination share.
The download requires approximately 3.6 MB of disk space.
- When prompted (see below), enter your user name and password.
Please enter the username, including any domain information (e.g. DOMAIN\user):
Please enter the password:
- Verify that the configured connectors restart after the update by monitoring the SEM console and searching for
InternalToolOnlineevents in the default SolarWinds events filter.
- When the update is completed, enter
exittwice to exit the CMC interface.
Upgrade connectors using the SEM legacy Flash console
- On the SEM legacy Flash Console toolbar, navigate to Manage > Appliances.
- In the upper right side of the Appliances view, click the Connector Updates drop-down list and select Update now.
A confirmation message appears indicating the update was applied successfully.