Add Dashboard widgets
- In the SEM Events Console, click the Dashboard tab.
- On the upper right of the SEM Dashboard, click Edit Dashboard.
- On the Edit Dashboard toolbar, click Add widgets.
The Creating Widget pane expands displaying a variety of widgets and widget templates.
- From the Widget type drop-down list, select a widget category.
- From the Data shown drop-down list, select Any, Events, or Nodes.
- To further refine your search, enter a term in the search box.
- Select a widget template (For example, New Proportional Widget), and then click Customize.
- Click the edit icon in each template section to name the widget, add widget features and establish the graphic style and content derived from the designated data source. You can click Filter and property to set values based on your existing Event table filters.
For example, If you would like to see the number of logon failures, and the reason why, set your filter to Failed Logons and your properties to FailureReason.
- The filter and properties are the primary values that populate widgets. You can create and customize numerous widgets to present key data points associated with your network environment. Reference the Filters pane in the Events tab to review specific event filters to use when customizing your widgets. Learn more about filters here.
- The number of events that display in your widgets are established in your filter threshold settings here.
- Click the arrows to set the number of groups to display in your widget.
- Select your chart type (Donut, Pie, Horizontal, Vertical), legend, and refresh rate. As you make your changes, the widget preview updates to the left of the widget template.
The data refresh rate is set to 30 seconds by default. You can increase it up to one hour, or decrease it to one second.
- When complete, click Create Widget, and then click Save changes.
The new widget appears on the SEM dashboard.
- Move and resize the widget as needed.
- To edit the widget (in edit mode), click the vertical ellipsis on the upper right of the widget, and then select Edit widget.
- To leave edit mode, click Save changes on the Edit dashboard toolbar.
- To view the associated widget records in the Events viewer, click the widget chart.