Install the SEM Agent on Linux and Unix
This section describes how to install Agents locally on a variety of Linux and Unix operating systems. Once installed, the SEM Agent automatically starts and connects to the SEM Manager.
See SEM Agent pre-installation checklist: Prepare to deploy SEM Agents for Agent download information and a pre-install checklist.
A reboot is not required following installation.
SEM Agents are installed in the
usr/local/contego/ContegoSPOPfolder by default.
- Copy SolarWinds-SEM-Agent-LinuxInstaller.bin to a local or network location.
cdto the folder that contains the installer.
chmod +x SolarWinds-SEM-Agent-LinuxInstaller.binto convert the installer into an executable application.
- Press Enter to start the installer.
- Press Enter to page through the End User License Agreement, and then enter
yto accept the terms if you agree.
- Enter a custom installation path, or press Enter to accept the default (recommended).
Enter the hostname of your SEM Manager.
Use the fully qualified domain name for your SEM Manager when you deploy SEM Agents on a different domain. For example, enter
- Press Enter twice to accept the default port values, and then press Enter again to proceed.
- Review the Pre-Installation Summary, and then press Enter to proceed.
- Once the installer finishes, press Enter to exit the installer.
The SEM Agent begins sending alerts to your SEM Manager immediately. To configure the SEM Agent to start automatically on boot, add
/etc/init.d/swsem-agent (or swsem-agent) to your list of startup scripts.
- See Verify the SEM Agent connection to test that the Agent connected to the SEM Manager.
- Log in to you Linux computer as root.
- Stop the SolarWinds SEM Agent service.
- Delete the
- Remove any startup scripts, if any.