Install or Upgrade Server Configuration Monitor
This guide walks new Server Configuration Monitor (SCM) users through the SCM installation process and provides the step-by-step upgrade process for those who are ready to move to a newer version of SCM.
- To install SCM on premises, see the Orion Platform Products Installation and Upgrade Guide. This guide helps you prepare your environment and install SCM using the Orion Installer.
- To deploy SCM in the cloud, see the following topics:
With Server Configuration Monitor (SCM) 1.2 and later, you can upgrade your entire Orion deployment, including the main server and all Orion Platform products, from the My Orion Deployment page (Settings > My Orion Deployment). Downloading the Orion Installer for future upgrades is no longer necessary.
- Use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to simultaneously upgrade one or more Orion Platform products on your main Orion server.
- If your scalability engines (additional polling engines, additional web servers, and high availability servers) are able to communicate with the main server, use the centralized upgrade feature to upgrade the rest of your Orion deployment in parallel. For details, see Install or upgrade Orion Platform products.
- Do you need to migrate as part of your upgrade? See the Migration Guide.
- To upgrade SCM and other Orion Platform products, see the Orion Platform Products Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- To upgrade your scalability engines (Additional Polling Engines, Additional Web Servers, High Availability servers), see Options for upgrading scalability engines.
Do you need to move your SCM polling engines or database to a different server? See the SolarWinds Migration Guide.