SAM Administrator Guide
SolarWinds SAM gives you the tools to monitor your applications and environment through a single web console. SAM includes custom collections of templates, application monitors, and alerts to intelligently monitor application status and issues. Monitor over 250 application types including application servers, authentication servers, database servers, and more.
This guide provides an overview of product features and related technologies. In addition to describing how to use SAM, it contains recommendations on best practices and troubleshooting information for common situations. If you're new to SAM, we recommend reviewing the SAM Getting Started Guide first.
Download a PDF.
Server & Application Monitor features
Orion Platform features
SAM uses many of the common features included in the Orion Platform, the core architecture for the SolarWinds IT Management portfolio.
Here are some additional learning resources for SAM:
- Access SAM online help that provides details about individual SAM views and widgets, along with the standard SAM documentation set.
- To install or upgrade SAM, review Install or Upgrade SAM and then consult the Orion Platform Products Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- If you're new to SAM, we recommend reviewing the SAM Getting Started Guide.
- To learn about templates included in SAM, see the SAM Template Reference.
- Visit the SolarWinds Success Center for training resources and support articles.
- Check out the SAM product forum in the SolarWinds online IT community, THWACK, to connect with SolarWinds developers, product managers, and other SAM users. Download templates, reports, scripts and more to customize and extend SAM.