Use script component monitors in SAM
Script component monitors (also called "script monitors") offer limitless options for monitoring and returning metrics for target servers. Each monitor has different options to execute the script, enter credentials, set working directories, and then generate and display returned values as output.
SAM includes the following predefined script component monitors, but you can also write your own.
For details on creating script monitors, see:
- Write scripts for SAM script monitors
- Test scripts in SAM script monitors
- Windows scripting in SAM component monitors
- PowerShell scripting in SAM component monitors
- Linux/Unix scripting in SAM component monitors
- Nagios scripting in SAM component monitors
Note the following details about SAM script monitors:
- Before writing scripts, review Best practices for SAM templates, application monitors, and script monitors.
- Sample script monitors are available on the Orion server at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\APM\SampleScriptMonitors
- When using SolarWinds macros, consider assigning them to named variables in your scripts.
- To learn about using data transformations, see these online help topics:
- The SAM forum in THWACK also provides content about scripting.
Disclaimer: Scripts provided outside of the Orion Web Console are not supported under any SolarWinds support program or service. Scripts are provided AS IS without warranty of any kind. SolarWinds further disclaims all warranties including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. The risk arising out of the use or performance of the scripts and documentation stays with you. In no event shall SolarWinds or anyone else involved in the creation, production, or delivery of the scripts be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the scripts or documentation.