Monitor and restart stopped Windows services
Learn more about monitoring and restarting stopped Windows services.
You may need to log in with an administrator account to perform these actions.
Create the monitor
- Click Settings > All Settings > SAM Settings > Component Monitor Wizard.
- Select Windows Service Monitor, and then click Next.
- Enter the IP address of the Windows node you want to monitor, or click Browse to select the node from a list.
- Enter or select the appropriate credentials, choose a Platform type, and then click Next.
- Select services to monitor and click Next.
- Select component monitors and edit properties as necessary, and then click Next.
- On the Add to Application Monitor or Template tab, type a name for the new application monitor template and click Next.
- On the Assign to Nodes tab, select the desired nodes to monitor and click Next.
- On the Confirm tab, click OK, Create.
Create an alert that restarts any stopped Windows services and sends an email
- Click Alerts & Activity > Alerts > Manage Alerts.
- Click Add New Alert > Configure Alerts.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list in the Manage Alerts dialog box,and check the box for Restart a service.
- To send an e-mail notification for the service restart:
- Highlight Restart a Service and click Edit.
- Select the Trigger Actions tab and then click Add New Action.
- Select Send an E-Mail / Page and click OK.
- Complete the e-mail info and click OK.
- Click OK.
- Click Done.
To learn more about alerts and alert actions, see the Orion Platform Administrator Guide.