Assigning a templates and application monitors to a group of nodes is more efficient than applying the template to individual nodes one at a time.
Before you begin, create as least one group of nodes, as described in the Orion Platform Administrator Guide.
- Click Settings > All Settings > SAM Settings > Manage Templates > Application Monitor Templates.
- Select a template or application monitor, and then click Assign to Group.
- Select a group from the Available Groups column, click the green arrow, and then click Next.
By default, the template is assigned to nodes in the group with a compatible a server OS. This setting can be changed in the Advanced section at the bottom of the page, along with the Auto Delete setting that removes nodes from a group when related applications are deleted from the node.
- Select your credentials and then click, Assign Groups.
- Click Done.
It may take up to 10 minutes for assignments to process. If it takes longer, you may need to restart services.
Your templates are now assigned to a group.
To view the applications within a group:
- Click My Dashboards > SAM Summary.
- Click a group in the Application Templates Assigned to Group widget.
You can use dynamic queries to create groups of nodes, and then assign templates to the group. See How to Create Groups Using Dynamic Queries.