Troubleshoot - Error: 70: Permission denied
The following error message is found in older Windows versions and may not be applicable to newer versions.
You receive the error message in the InfoLog:
Problem starting CatTools_Client instance #1. Error:70: Permission denied
The user running CatTools does not have permission to launch the CatTools_Client DCOM component. The EventLog would show this as a DCOM error with Event ID: 10016.
To troubleshoot this error:
- Navigate to Start > Run menu, and run the program
- Navigate to Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config.
Depending on your version of Kiwi CatTools, this item may also be called
- Right-click the file, and choose Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Under the Launch and Activation permissions, click Customize.
- Click Edit.
- Adjust the permissions of the user running CatTools to allow local launch and local activation.
Note: This service runs under the LocalSystem account.
- After making the permissions changes, reboot the system and verify that CatTools is able to start the client threads correctly.