The DNS Resolver resolves the IP addresses in ARP reports based on configured server settings. To set DNS resolver options:
- Go to Options > Setup.
- Select the TFTP Server tab.
- Select the DNS Resolver tab.
Resolve IP addresses to Hostnames check box must be selected for the DNS Resolver to function.
- Select either
Resolve using known DNS server(s)or
Resolve by auto detection of DNS server(s).
- By default, internal IP address ranges are listed:
10.x.x.x , 192.168.x.x , 169.254.x.x , 172.16.x.x , 172.17.x.x , 172.18.x.x , 172.19.x.x , 172.20.x.x , 172.21.x.x , 172.22.x.x , 172.23.x.x , 172.24.x.x , 172.25.x.x , 172.26.x.x , 172.27.x.x , 172.28.x.x , 172.29.x.x , 172.30.x.x , 172.31.x.x
- To add more internal IP address ranges, click Add.
You can remove added ranges by selecting the range and clicking Remove.
- Select the NetBIOS/DNS Server to resolve.
- Enter the primary and alternate DNS server IP addresses for both internal and external DNS servers.
- Specify the days to flush DNS cache.
- Specify DNS Query time out.
- Click Save.