Generate an unattended support link from the console's home page
Remotely access your customers' devices anytime by installing the Dameware Remote Everywhere Agent on their device, and generating a support link to access to the device for unattended remote support.
- From the Tech Console, navigate to the My Computers > Add Computer...
- Enter the details of the new computer.
- Set an expiration date for the agent.
- Click Generate Link, and select to generate either a computer PIN code, or an Install Link. The customer can go to the Portal and use the PIN code or follow the install link to download the agent installer.
After the expiration date, the agent is uninstalled and deleted from your computer list.
Administrative privileges are required to perform the installation. Make sure that only one user is logged into the remote computer. After the files are copied, the Agent starts a registration process, which requires adding a name and description for the Computer.
To install the Agent on a Mac computer, customers can select Install Agent in the Mac Version tab to download the Agent from the portal and use the PIN Code.
To perform a silent deployment, enable the relevant Profile > Agent Setup options in the Admin Area.
As soon as the new computer is listed in the console, technicians can select it from the My Computers tab to view additional details, or start an unattended support session. Right-click on a computer in the list for additional options:
- Create a new group
- Move the computer to another group
- Refresh the list of computers
- Restart the remote Agent
- Use the Wake-on-LAN feature
- Create a new ticket for the Agent
- Create a desktop shortcut
Each computer shows two dates: Last Access is the date of the last session made to that machine (the very last session made by any technician). Last Seen is the last time the Agent actively exchanged information with the infrastructure. Both dates and times are converted to the timezone of each console.