After evaluation, activate DPA licenses
After the DPA trial period ends, DPA monitors only licensed instances. If your DPA server uses individual licenses, you must activate a license for each database instance that you want to monitor. Make sure you have the correct license types for the instances you want to monitor.
Activate licenses online
If your DPA server is connected to the Internet, you can activate licenses online. Create a user profile in the SolarWinds Customer Portal if you do not already have one.
If your DPA server is not connected to the Internet, you can activate your licenses offline.
Complete the following steps to retrieve your license activation key from the Customer Portal.
If you are evaluating DPA and have received a license activation key from a SolarWinds representative, continue with step 2.
- Log in to the SolarWinds Customer Portal.
- Choose Licenses > Manage Licenses.
- Locate the license, and expand it.
- Copy the activation key.
- On the DPA homepage, click License Management. Then click License Manager.
- Click Enter Activation Key.
- Select Online Activation, and click Next.
- On the Online Activation page, paste the activation key into the correct field.
In the Amount to Activate section, select All Available or Specify Amount.
Unactivated licenses can be activated later. You can reuse an activation key on a different DPA server and activate remaining licenses there.
- Enter the remaining information, and click Activate.
When you activate a license, DPA automatically allocates the license to a registered database instance if you have enough licenses to monitor all registered instances in that license category. If you do not have enough licenses to monitor all registered instances, you must manually allocate licenses to the instances you want to monitor.
View current license allocation
Use the License Allocation page to see how many activated licenses are available and how many have been allocated.
- On the DPA homepage, click License Management.
- See the current license allocations in the summary boxes near the top of the License Allocation page.