Microsoft Exchange is used to centrally store and manage emails, appointments, contacts, and tasks. As a central solution for enterprise-wide collaboration, not only the question of access rights is relevant, but also a monitoring of the actual activities carried out.
The Exchange Logga logs activities of mailbox owners, their deputies, and administrators.
The following actions are particularly critical to safety:
- Hard Delete: Who deleted emails, contacts, or calendar entries from the Exchange server?
- MessageBind: Has an employee from the IT looked into my emails?
- SendAs: Who sent emails when in the name of my person?
- SendOnBehalf: Who sent emails when in my behalf?
- SoftDelete: Who (except me) has deleted emails in my mailbox?