Install additional collectors
Add collectors using setup
If there is no trust between the ARM server (domain) and a resource (domain), this method of installing a collector must be used.
Log on to the desired system and copy the setup.exe file into a local folder (do not use a network folder). Start the file with administrator rights.
- On the welcome page select production installation.
- Click Next.
- Select Custom Installation.
- Enable ARM Collector.
- Click Next and follow the instructions on the screen.
After the installation is complete the collector must be added to the ARM configuration (please see next paragraph).
Add collectors or install via push method
Enter the name of the desired server. Enter a port number after the name, if you don't use the default port "55555".
If the target system already has a collector installed, it will be added to a lists of collectors and establish a connection. You do not need to enter any login credentials.
If the target system is in a foreign domain (non-trusted), please note the section: Run collectors in foreign domains (non-trusted).
If you are having connection problems please see: Firewall settings.
If a collector has not been installed on the target system an installation will be attempted through the push method. Click the link "<optional>" and enter your login credentials, that are required for setup execution on the target system.
- Select "No credentials" if you would like to remove previously entered credentials.
- The installation is performed using the credentials from the basic configuration.
- Enter any additional credentials you would like to use for collector installation.