Identify folders with special protection
Background / Value
Sub-directories often contain different access rights compared to its "parent" directory. ARM shows all directories where these rights differ. Disabled inheritances are often an indicator of highly restricted directories.
- Select "Resources"
- Select the desired file server.
- Click on "Report"
- Select the report "Report on paths with different access rights"
- You can name the report and add a comment.
- If desired you can adjust the range of the report.
- Start the report.
- Open the .XLSX file with your spreadsheet application.
- Click on the "resource tab".
- We recommend using "auto filter" to analyze the "Inheritance activated" column. If set to "off" the report shows all directories with disabled inheritance.