In addition to the reports section of your SWSD, we offer a comprehensive email log. This is a detailed deliverability report on all emails sent from your SolarWinds (previously Samanage) account.
- View email user engagement - Are my recipients reading the emails received?
Troubleshoot deliverability errors.
- Common deliverability issues can include:
- Invalid emails - Email address or domain name was invalid, or if an ISP reports that the email supplied is invalid.
- Blocks when the email address does not exist in the domain or the destination mailbox is over quota.
- Bounces when your email has not been successfully delivered and the reported reason is the email bounced.
Navigate to your Setup menu and select Account. Then click Email Logs.
Let's review some of the details displayed on your index page:
Notice there are a number of icons and clickable fields to edit your view. To learn more about customizing your Email Logs index page, please click here.
By default, the Delivery Problems list is displayed. As you create, filter and customize logs to focus on your specific needs, you can save the new view and therefore available for future viewing.
Below is an example of an email log you can customize to narrow down the information you are analyzing.
Here we have selected to filter via the event and specified the attributes such as:
You can filter by 1 or all attributes that are relevant to you simultaneously.
An additional column that provides a great deal of customization is the Reason column. You can select to focus on issues such as:
- Account Activation
- Auto Resolved
- Change Approval Requested
- Incident Created and so many more.
We recommend reviewing your options in the blue Edit View field to familiarized yourself with the Email Logs at your disposal