See Add a new group or Edit an existing group to get started adding or editing a group. You can create as many user-defined groups as you need to support your rules and filters.
You can only add a group to one SEM manager at a time. To copy a group for use with another SEM manager, export the group and then import it into the other manager's Groups grid. See Export a group for steps.
- On the SEM Console, navigate to Configure > User-defined groups.
- Add or import your data elements for the group here. Elements contain values to help identify important information in your network.
- Click Add element.
In the Name field, enter a nickname for the element. This name is for reference only.
- In the Value field, enter a value to define the element. Consider using wildcard characters, such as asterisks (*), to abbreviate these entries. For example:
Name Data Administrators *Administrators* Backup Operators *backup oper* DNS Admins DNSAdmin*
- In the description field, enter a description (optional), and then click Add.
In the elements list, you can search for a specific element, and select an element to edit the values or delete it. You can also export the elements to a CSV file to import into other user-defined groups.
- Continue to add elements as needed, and then click Next.
- Add your group name and description (optional), and then click Create. The new group appears in the user-defined groups list, and can now be used when configuring rules and filters.
- To edit a user-defined group, select a group in the list, and then click Edit on the toolbar. In the Refine Results pane, you can also filter the groups by the modifier and the time last modified.