General Orion Platform Gotchas
- If you are running an Orion Platform version below 2015.1.3, do not upgrade the Patch Manager Web Console to 22.214.171.1245.
- Orion Platform 2018.4 products are no longer compatible with Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2.
- Orion Platform 2018.4 products are no longer compatible with any version of SQL Server 2012.
- If you wrote your own code by changing SolarWinds .css files or adding .js files or were directed to make changes by SolarWinds Support, the code may be overwritten during the upgrade. See Upgrading if you have custom code for details.
- Make sure you have enough hard drive space for zipped and unzipped installers. One unzipped installer can consume several gigabytes of space.
- Use the Scalability Engine Installer. during the upgrade. If you use downloaded installers or the installer bundle, install one product and version at a time. The versions must match between the main and additional polling engines or you will receive a database configuration failure error.
- If you are upgrading from a very early or End of Life SolarWinds product version, consider performing a fresh install instead of performing an upgrade or migrating data. SolarWinds Support can provide the best advice for these upgrade scenarios.
- If you enabled SolarWinds High Availability, disable High Availability before you upgrade. You must have the same versions of SolarWinds products on your primary and secondary servers before you can re-enable your High Availability pools.