Release date: August 26, 2014
These release notes describe the new features, improvements, and fixed issues in Web Performance Monitor 2.1. They also provide information about upgrades and describe workarounds for known issues.
If you are looking for previous release notes for Web Performance Monitor, see Previous Version documentation.
New features and improvements in WPM
WPM 2.1 offers new features and improvements compared to previous releases of WPM.
Integration with Server & Application Monitor and Network Performance Monitor
- Easier troubleshooting of performance issues
- Ability to create dependencies between Transaction and Application
- Ability to create dependencies between Transaction and Node
- New resources in Transaction Details page with list of Nodes and Applications
- New Transactions sub view in Node Details page
- New Transactions sub view in Application Details page
- Ability to create dependencies between Locations and Nodes
- Handling of variance in web pages like surveys, security questions, pop-ups and so on
- Ability to cover different scenarios for web application behavior
- Part of Recorder
Custom Properties for Transactions and Recordings
Create dynamic groups, reports, filter or group by custom properties your transactions
Support for Web-based Reporting
- Ability to select multiple steps in Recorder for easier editing.
- Multivariate text input extension to standard text input action in Recorder.
- Handling of variance in Web pages, such as security questions or changing forms.
- Enter different text into a field based on text match results.
- Positive and Negative text and image match actions.
- Verify that the text or image is on the page.
- Support for Internet Explorer 11.
Server & Application Monitor and Network Performance Monitor Integration
- Streamline your troubleshooting by having information about the entire infrastructure of your Web application.
- Monitor servers, proxies, reverse proxies, gateways, firewalls and other network
- elements critical to your Web application
- Monitor services, APIs, databases, and applications that are essential for your Web application.
- Fix problems faster thanks because your Web application infrastructure is visible in a single window.
WPM 2.1 fixes the following issues.
|268261||Logoff form pop-up.|
|251986||Transaction pop-up error.|
|288651||On logoff during recording, undefined pop-up opens.|
|286689||Info Service v3 memory leak.|
|188167||Cannot set Date/Time for availability reports.|
|082859||Provide conditional logic in SeUM for complex dynamic forms submission.|
|208564||conditionals in recording.|
|296370||Make actions optional.|
|296372||Make text input multivariate.|
|091238||SeUM random pop-up survey.|
|305389||Unable to save eCommerce transaction recording.|
|309476||Option to continue playback after step failure.|
|312558||Monitor website as a mobile site.|
|324552||Orion dependencies, NPM vs WPM.|
|327323||Cannot save recording; "Not Admninistrator" error.|
|327756||Alternative steps in WPM player.|
|338745||Memory leak.||We have already brought this down in size and are continuing investigation. RC2 candidate.|
|357244||All Dependencies Tree resource is not compatible with Transactions.||Investigating.|
|357067||Transaction Monitors grid is not displayed on Internet Explorer 8.||Investigating.|
|357053||AgentService and Agent Worker processes crashed.||Investigating. This seems like an environmental issue.|
|357069||Manage Transactions grid is not loaded in Internet Explorer 8.||Investigating.|
|351467||Can't run JAVA 8 in Recorder using Internet Explorer 10.||This is an issue with the new Java release, and we are looking for a workaround. Right now the best bet for customers is to use an alternate browser.|
|353608||Loading of Web pages stopped unexpectedly in Internet Explorer 11.||We are hoping for a customer to reproduce this issue to capture further diagnostics. It is intermittent and likely environmental.|
© 2020 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reproduced by any means nor modified, decompiled, disassembled, published or distributed, in whole or in part, or translated to any electronic medium or other means without the prior written consent of SolarWinds. All right, title, and interest in and to the software, services, and documentation are and shall remain the exclusive property of SolarWinds, its affiliates, and/or its respective licensors.
SOLARWINDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR OTHER TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ON THE DOCUMENTATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NONINFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLARWINDS, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SOLARWINDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.