A Web Help Desk integration with Absolute Manage consists of two components:
- An Absolute Manage MySQL Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) connection to Web Help Desk.
- Remote control of the Absolute Manage system using a link in Web Help Desk.
To implement this integration:
- Configure the Absolute Manage MySQL ODBC export, as described in the Absolute Manage User Guide.
- Configure the Absolute Manage admin console to respond to HTML requests from Web Help Desk, as described in the Absolute Manage User Guide.
- Create and configure an Absolute Manager connection in Web Help Desk to import client inventory data from the Absolute Manage MySQL database and enable the Absolute Manage inventory and remote control links.
- In the toolbar, click Setup and select Assets > Discovery Connections.
In the Asset Discovery Connections window, click New.
The Connection Basics tab displays.
- In the Connection Name field, enter a name for this connection.
Click the Discovery Tool drop-down menu and select Absolute Manage (LANrev).
The tab window expands to include additional fields.
- Complete the remaining fields as required. See the tooltips for additional information.
- Click the Attribute Mapping tab.
- Click Edit.
- Map the desired custom asset fields. The Asset attributes are different for each discovery tool, mapping directly to the values in the discovery tool’s database.
- Click Save.
- Click Assets > Search Assets to view your imported assets.
Your changes are saved.