Merge duplicate tickets
You can merge two or more tickets and their associated attachments and messages into one ticket using Merge Tickets. For example, if a client submitted three separate tickets for items related to the same problem, you can merge the tickets into one single ticket.
- In the toolbar, click Tickets > Search Tickets.
- Use the Basic Search and Advanced Search tabs to locate the tickets you want to merge.
- In the Ticket Results screen, select the check boxes next to the tickets you want to merge.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Merge selected.
- In the dialog box, click the drop-down menu and select the ticket that hosts all merged tickets.
- Select Include Attachments to merge all attachments into the selected ticket.
Click Merge Tickets.
Web Help Desk combines all selected tickets and their associated notes and attachments to the parent ticket.