Integrate with DameWare MRC
DameWare Mini Remote Control (MRC) is a remote administration and troubleshooting solution that enhances your Web Help Desk deployment. With built-in integration between both applications, you can:
- Connect to remote computers directly from help desk trouble tickets and asset inventory
- Troubleshoot and resolve remote systems directly from your system
- Save a history of troubleshooting steps to the client ticket
- Establish and save chat sessions with remote users to client tickets
DameWare MRC can access and troubleshoot computers running a variety of supported operating systems, including:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Apple OSX with VNC enabled
To Integrate DameWare MRC with Web Help Desk:
Install DameWare MRC on all tech systems running Web Help Desk.
See your SolarWinds product integration requirements for the supported versions.
See the DameWare documentation for more information.
- Configure Web Help Desk to integrate with DameWare MRC.
- Enable your techs to access and use DameWare MRC through Web Help Desk.
When completed, your techs can initiate MRC sessions from within a Web Help Desk Asset Details page. If the asset is not connected to the local network included on a Saved Host list, the Remote Connect dialog appears. From here, the tech can create an internet session or add the asset to their Saved Host list.
To maintain customer security, Web Help Desk will not allow you to access remotely any server in your Web Help Desk system without the appropriate permissions on the DameWare Central Server.
When you install DameWare MRC in your help desk deployment, ensure that the application is installed on the same systems that techs use to access Web Help Desk. Web Help Desk provides seamless integration and direct integration with DameWare MRC with no requirement for third-party software.
See your DameWare Remote Support and MRC documentation for more information.