The General settings allow you to set up, configure, and personalize your Web Help Desk deployment.
These settings allow you to:
- Activate your license online or offline when your evaluation license expires. You can purchase a license in the Customer Portal.
- Configure the general options that define how Web Help Desk presents information to clients and techs.
- Configure the server options to manage the HTTP and HTTPS ports running on Web Help Desk and create a new Java keystore (JKS) or a Public-Key Cryptography Standards #12 (PKCS12) Keystore.
- Configure the authentication settings used to access Web Help Desk and migrate all client and tech passwords to FIPS 140-2 cryptography.
- Set up the certificates. This process includes uploading an SSL certificate to the keystore and downloading the latest Apple Push Notification Services (APNS) certificate.
- Configure the time zone and local work hours for the locations managed by your help desk.
- Configure your Web Help Desk screen with style sheets and logos.
- Customize the database connection settings and backup schedule.
- Set a critical level for logging.
- View your system environment settings, such as the Java version and JVM memory allocation.