Uninstall SolarWinds UDT
Complete the following steps to remove only UDT from a Orion Platform deployment (leaving other Orion Platform products).
To uninstall your entire Orion Platform deployment, see Uninstall all Orion Platform products from a server and prepare for reinstall.
Before you start
Before you uninstall the product, complete the following tasks:
- Back up the existing database.
- If you have your database on a VM, create a snapshot or copy of your VM.
- If you need help with backups, see your database vendor documentation.
- If you'd like to use SolarWinds Backup, click here for information.
- Back up product folders. You may have customizations in these folders specific to your installations.
To remove UDT from a server, complete the following steps:
- Remove product licenses:
- In the Orion Web Console, select Settings > All Settings.
- Under Details, click License Manager.
- In the web-based License Manager, select the product license to remove.
- Click Deactivate.
This removes the license activation and server assignment.
With the license deactivated, it is parked, or available but unused.
- Remove UDT:
- Open Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel.
Select the product(s) to remove one at a time and click Uninstall.
If you do not have any other SolarWinds products You may uninstall the SolarWinds Job Engine and Orion Platform Information Service.
- If the Configuration wizard does not start automatically, run the Configuration wizard through Start > SolarWinds Orion > Configuration wizard.
- Follow the instructions in the Configuration wizard to complete it, and wait for the reconfiguration to finish.
For more information on Completing the Configuration wizard, see Task 3: Complete the Configuration wizard.
- Restart the server.
For further information and assistance uninstalling your product, contact Support.