Uninstall SolarWinds UDT
Complete the following steps to remove only UDT from an Orion deployment (leaving other Orion Platform products).
To uninstall your entire Orion deployment, see Uninstall all Orion Platform products from a server and prepare for reinstall.
Before you start
Before you uninstall the product, complete the following tasks:
- Back up the existing database.
- If you have your database on a VM, create a snapshot or copy of your VM.
- If you need help with backups, see your database vendor documentation.
- If you'd like to use SolarWinds Backup, click here for information.
- Back up product folders. You may have customizations in these folders specific to your installations.
To remove UDT from a server, complete the following steps:
- Remove product licenses:
- In the Orion Web Console, select Settings > All Settings.
- Under Details, click License Manager.
- In the web-based License Manager, select the product license to remove.
- Click Deactivate.
This removes the license activation and server assignment.
With the license deactivated, it is parked, or available but unused.
- Remove UDT:
- Open Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel.
Select the product(s) to remove one at a time and click Uninstall.
If you do not have any other SolarWinds products You may uninstall the SolarWinds Job Engine and SolarWinds Orion Information Service.
- Restart the server.
For further information and assistance uninstalling your product, contact Support.