- Improve speed and efficiency by automating the process thereby reducing the risk of human error.
- Benefit from a higher ITIL maturity process throughout your organization by providing the asset node ID for each incident created.
To integrate automatic mapping into your SWSD, follow the three steps below:
- In your Setup Menu
- Select Integrations
- Orion Alerts
Select the desired Orion instance. By default, the toggle pill will be enabled(the pill is green). This will ensure that the Node ID will automatically populate with the corresponding CI or asset.
If you do not wish to enable this function, please press the toggle until it is grey.
- Are you currently utilizing Orion Discovery?
- No - you will need to manually enter the node IDs to the corresponding field, make sure you accurately copy and paste these numbers from Orion.
- Yes - The CIs that are pulled from Orion Discovery will have the Node ID field automatically populated.
To ensure correct configuration on the Orion platform, follow the steps below:
- Login to Orion
- Navigate to the Alerts & Activity tab
- Select Alerts
- Mark the relevant alert and select the Edit Alert Definition
- Select the Trigger Action
- If you already posses a SWSD Incident - Select Entity Attributes and mark Node ID
- If you do not, Select Add Action, Mark the Create SolarWinds Service Desk and click Configure Action.
- Then select Entity Attributes and mark Node ID