Email provides an efficient way to enhance your service team's communication. It allows for collaboration with your users on incidents and service requests, notification updates regarding status, and helps maintain a positive user experience.
Your SWSD allows you to customize your emails to match your corporate branding. This includes:
- Customization of all emails throughout the incident lifecycle
Global and personal email settings for:
By utilizing the email customization options you can modify system generated emails to align with your corporate branding and usage guidelines. In addition, personalization helps drive adoption by your service requesters and increases productivity and usability.
- A service organization can:
- Name service interactions as 'Tickets' instead of 'Incidents'
- Customize the call to action for specific communications.
- Publish a general 'How to Contact Us' in the email header or footer.
- Use email templates to communicate important service announcements to their customers, such as:
- Hours of operations surrounding holidays.
- Standardize email footers to include compliance, confidentiality, or other legal notices.
Personalizing your Signature
You can personalize your signature on a global, company wide setting and as well as per email template. Let's look below for a deeper understanding of your customization options.
Global Email Section
Customize specifics in the email that applies company wide:
To access these areas:
- Navigate to your Setup Menu
- Select Global Settings and click Email Sections
- By hovering over the header, footer and/or signature you can view the current setting or select the pencil icon to edit
- Once you have entered the desired details, click Save
To customize your user signature, make sure your administrator has marked the check box Users permitted to customize their personal signature on the Edit Global Email Signature page.
- Click on your avatar on the top right of your screen (often displays your initials, avatar or profile picture)
- Select My Account
- Select the Settings tab
- Edit your text
- Click Save
We have provided a number of templates for your convenience that can be used to notify assignees and/or requesters of event on corresponding Incidents and/or Changes. The templates can be used out-of-the box or customized to meet your needs.
Custom Email Templates
In addition to the templates provided, you can select to create your own by clicking . A new window appears and guides you through the design process.