Serv-U file sharing: the Request Files wizard
By using the Request Files wizard, you can receive a file from someone by sending a link to a page where the other party can upload the file to.
The user receives a link in email that grants them access to upload files. For added security, you can set the page link expiration and add file constraints and restrictions.
To send a file share request:
- Enter the guest user's email address.
- Enter the email subject title.
- Enter any additional comments.
- Enter your name, email address, and confirm the email address.
- Set an expiration date or period for when the link to upload files will expire.
90 days is the maximum time for link availability.
- Select Notify me when the file(s) have been uploaded if you want to receive an email when the guest user(s) have uploaded files.
- If you want to restrict the size of the uploaded files, check the Constrain individual file, and enter the maximum size.
- To require the guest to enter a password to access Serv-U, select this option, and enter or generate the password.