Using Drag and Drop
Drag and drop is a very powerful feature of FTP Voyager. The process allows a user to drag a selection of files or folders and drop them onto a valid drop location (i.e., another folder).
The corresponding operation that takes place after the drop occurs depends on a few factors. For example:
- If a drag is initiated while the [SHIFT] key is pressed, then the default drop action is a Copy operation.
- If a drag is initiated while the [CTRL] key is pressed, then the default drop action is a Move operation.
- If a drag is initiated using the right-mouse button, then a pop-up menu is provided when the drop has occurred. The pop-up menu asks the user which drop action should be performed: Copy Here, Move Here, or Cancel.
As you can see from the diagram below, this particular drag operation is:
- Started by holding the left-mouse button down on a selection of files located within the local folder.
- Finished by dropping them into the remote folder's listing.
- The drop location can be determined by the solid line within the remote listing or the highlighting of a folder that is directly beneath the cursor. The cursor changes to notify you of invalid drop locations.