Set Connection Options
After you have setup a connection as a Site Profile, there are three groups of settings that affect how your connections behave: your Site Profile's Site Information, your Site Profile's Advanced Options and FTP Voyager's global settings.
Popular settings are highlighted below.
Site Profile Manager - Site Profile - Site Information
- Name and description (display only)
- Hostname or IP, port and protocol used to connect
- Username and password used to authenticate
- Initial folder path on remote site
- Preserve time on transferred files (on by default, see File Handling | Keep...file time... options)
- Active/passive mode (passive by default, see Connection | General | Force PASV Mode option)
- Account (blank/don't use by default, see Connection | General | Account options)
- Lock folders or set local folder (see File Handling | File Options panel)
- Connection retry and timeout (see Connection | Connection Timings options)
- Transfer retry and timeout (see Connection | Transfer Timeouts and Connection | File Transfer | ...File Tries options)
- Force binary/ASCII (automatic by default, see Connection | File Transfer | Transfer Mode option)
- Disable compression (on by default, see Connection | Compression option for FTP/S or Connection | SSH Options panel for SFTP)
- FTPS CCC or unencrypted data channel (both off by default, see Connection | Connection Type options)
- Proxy (see Connection | Proxy panel)
- SSH private key for SFTP authentication (see Connection | SSH Options panel)
- SSL private certificate for FTPS authentication (see Connection | SSL Options panel)
- Log to disk (off by default, see Log | File Logging options)
- Add timestamps to log (off by default, see Log | Format | Timestamps option)
- More debugging messages (see Log | Log Items options)
- Customize connection and transfer sounds (see Sounds and Notifications panel)
- Send email on success or failure (see Sounds and Notifications panel, use the Send Email Notification checkbox)
Tools - Options (a.k.a. Global Settings)
- Send email on success or failure (see Email Settings panel)
IMPORTANT: This MUST be configured before any Send Email Notifications will work!
- Tune automatic binary/ASCII (see Auto ASCII Extensions panel)
- Launch editors for particular files (see Alternate Editors panel)
- Require FIPS 140-2 cryptography (off by default, see Security | Enable FIPS 140-2 Mode option)
- The Connection, User Interface, and Security trees hold global defaults for Site Profiles.
Scheduler Site Profiles use a separate set of global defaults. These are available in the Tools Tab under Scheduler Options.