If you're a new customer, see the Orion Platform Products Installation and Upgrade Guide to learn how to prepare your environment and use the SolarWinds Orion Installer.
To upgrade SAM, review these details before consulting the Orion Platform Products Installation and Upgrade Guide:
- If upgrading from SAM 6.9, you can upgrade your entire Orion deployment, including the main Orion server and all Orion Platform products, from within the Orion Web Console. Downloading the Orion Installer is no longer necessary.
- Click Settings > My Orion Deployment.
- Launch the Orion Upgrades Wizard from the Updates Available tab.
- If upgrading from SAM 6.5 — SAM 6.8, follow these steps:
- Use the SolarWinds Orion Installer to simultaneously upgrade one or more Orion Platform products on your main Orion server.
- Starting with SAM 6.8, if you have scalability engines such as Additional Polling Engines, you can use the Centralized Upgrade feature to upgrade the rest of your Orion deployment in parallel. For details, see Install or upgrade Orion Platform products.
- If upgrading from SAM 6.4, click here to learn about planning and implementing an upgrade to the current version of SAM.
If you need to migrate as part of your upgrade, see the Orion Platform Migration Guide.