Monitor and restart stopped Windows services in SAM
To automate the monitoring and restarting of stopped Windows services, you can assign the Windows Service component monitor to nodes and then set up an alert to restart services and send email.
Create the monitor
- Click Settings > All Settings > SAM Settings > Component Monitor Wizard.
- Select Windows Service Monitor, and then click Next.
- Enter the IP address of the Windows node you want to monitor, or click Browse to select the node from a list.
- Enter or select the appropriate credentials, choose a Platform type, and then click Next.
- Select services to monitor and click Next.
- Select component monitors and edit properties as necessary, and then click Next.
- On the Add to Application Monitor or Template tab, type a name for the new template and click Next.
- On the Assign to Nodes tab, select the desired nodes to monitor and click Next.
- On the Confirm tab, click OK, Create.
Create an alert to restart stopped Windows services and send email
- Click Alerts & Activity > Alerts.
- On the All Active Alerts page, click Manage Alerts.
- On the Manage Alerts page, click Add New Alert.
- In the Add New Alert wizard, provide alert details on the Properties tab and click Next.
- On the Properties tab, provide alert details.
- On the Trigger Condition page:
- For "I want to alert on", select Component.
- Choose an alert scope.
- Configure a trigger condition as follows: Component > Component Name (Component Alerting Properties) > Is equal to > Windows Service Monitor, as shown here:
- Click Next to advance to the Reset Condition tab.
- Enter values on the Reset Condition and Time of Day tabs, clicking Next to advance to the next page.
- On the Trigger Actions tab:
- Click Add New Action.
- Select Send an E-Mail / Page and click OK.
- Complete the e-mail info and click OK.
- Click OK.
Provide alert details on the Reset Action and Summary tabs, and then click Submit to save the alert.