You can add a specific URL — either internal or external — as a monitored node. SAM will ping the node to determine its basic status, and then use the Web Link monitor to collect the number of broken or invalid links on the web page.
- Click Settings > All Settings > Add Node.
- Enter the Hostname or IP Address you want to monitor (for example, www.google.com).
- Select External Node: No Status, and then click Next.
- From the Show only: drop-down, select Web Pages.
- Select the "Web Link" and "Inherit credentials from template" check boxes, and then click Next.
- On the Change Properties page, make any changes, and then click OK, Add Node.
- Wait 5 to 10 minutes for polling to occur.
- To review polling results, click My Dashboards > Summary, and then drill down to the node in the All Nodes widget.