Discover applications in your environment
SolarWinds SAM can scan nodes and automatically assign the Application Monitors suitable for each scanned node. You control the nodes to be scanned, the application monitor templates used in the scan, and the scanning parameters that determine a match.
In larger environments, adding many applications at once can take a great deal of time. You may need to log in with an administrator account to perform this action.
- Application Discovery: Discover and add applications through discovery. Set up application monitoring with application monitors and templates.
- Add application monitors to nodes: Learn how to add application monitors to monitored nodes.
- Customize Application Details views: Learn how to customize the application and template views.
- Customize Application Summary views: Modify widgets displayed in the Application Summary page.
- Add SAM data to the Node Details view: Modify Node Details to display SAM widgets.
- Viewing node and application data in tooltips: Hover over nodes and application data to display more data.
To expand monitoring by detecting how applications and nodes interact with each other, check out SAM's Application Dependencies feature.