Integrate SolarWinds AppOptics with SAM
SolarWindsAppOptics is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-delivered product that you can integrate with IIS nodes to extend the application monitoring capabilities of SolarWinds SAM. By combining the advanced performance metrics that AppOptics provides with SAM's capabilities to monitor application dependencies, transaction times, and overall user experiences, you can better understand why transactions in your applications are slow or failing.
This integration adds an extra layer of information to nodes that you can use to:
- Gain a code-level look into your AppInsight for IIS applications.
- Monitor the performance of custom IIS-based, .NET applications.
- Cross-reference application, server, and infrastructure metrics side-by-side in the same dashboard
- Check the status of application stacks and see how tiers of applications interact with each other.
- Determine the databases and users that applications send information to.
- Identify if issues are network-, server-, or application-related so you can route them to the right team.
Here are some benefits of integrating AppOptics with IIS nodes monitored in SAM:
|Custom application performance monitoring|
|Deep application performance visualization and tracing|
|Application dependency mapping|
|Hyper-V and ESX health and performance metrics|
|Server volume monitoring and capacity planning|
|Server hardware health and performance monitoring|
|Built-in alerts and reporting|
After adding AppOptics to an IIS node, visualizations of key metrics — such as a breakdown of response time into applications, remote calls, and database queries — appear on the subview of the IIS Application Pool Details page, as shown in this example.