Orion Platform Upgrade Guide (deprecated)
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products.
Updated March 12, 2019
This topic has been deprecated. See Install or upgrade products in an existing Orion deployment (2016.1 through 2018.4 deployments) for information about upgrades.
Does the installer say you are running a legacy version? See Upgrade older versions of Orion Platform products
With the new SolarWinds Orion installer, upgrades have never been easier. If you have the following minimum versions, you can upgrade multiple products by downloading one installer:
- ACM 2017.3
- DPAIM 11.1
- EOC 2.0
- Engineers Web Toolset 11.0
- IPAM 4.2
- Log Manager 1.0
- NAM/NOM 2017.3
- NCM 7.5
- NPM 12.0
- NTA 4.2.3
- Patch Manager 2.1.3
- SAM 6.2
- SCM 1.0
- SRM 6.0
- UDT 3.2.4
- VNQM 4.2
- WPM 2.1
Even if you have an older version, you can use the installer to scan your environment and provide your upgrade path. Then use the instructions below to upgrade to one of the minimum versions. After that, you can continue using the SolarWinds Orion Installer to complete your upgrade.
Upgrading with HA? The SolarWinds Orion Installer instructions and individual product upgrade guides provide information on upgrading with HA.
Need to upgrade?
We have the guides to help you upgrade one or more products with checklists and gotchas. With the guides, you can:
- Research and plan your upgrade. Use our checklists to review product information, check your requirements, and plan your upgrade.
- Prepare your systems. We provide the common tasks you should complete before upgrading.
- Upgrade! Follow our checklists to upgrade your single or multiple product environment. We also have guides for NPM, SAM, NCM, and DPA single product upgrades!
Need info for scalability engines (Additional Polling Engines, Additional Web Servers, and High Availability backup servers)?
- With Orion Platform 2017.3 MSP4 and later, the Orion Installer is used to install scalability engines.
- With Orion Platform 2018.2 and later, the Orion Installer is used to upgrade scalability engines.
- For earlier versions of the Orion Platform, see this article to install or upgrade scalability engines.
Learn with the SolarWinds Head Geeks!
Upgrade Guide List
- WHD Upgrade Guide
- Patch Manager (SPM) Upgrade Guide
- Kiwi Syslog Server Upgrade Guide
- Single Product Upgrade Guide
- Multiple Products Upgrade (Orion)
Additional Polling Engines and Additional Web Servers
- Video: Installing APEs
- Scalability Engine Installers for APEs, AWS, and HA servers
- Bundled Installers for APEs and AWS
Orion SQL & Migration Guides
- Upgrade the Orion SQL server without migration
- New server with the same IP and hostname
- New server with a new IP and hostname
- SolarWinds Orion SQL database to a new server
- SolarWinds Orion SQL database to Azure SQL
FoE to SolarWinds HA Migration Guides
Want to learn more about PerfStack and ASA? Check out New Feature Training: Improved Troubleshooting Tools with NPM 12.2 and PerfStack, available at SolarWinds Academy.