Configure web proxy settings in the Orion Platform
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products.
If your SolarWinds Orion server does not have Internet access, you can use a proxy server to allow the Orion server to connect to certain pages and websites. Use a proxy server to:
- Access the THWACK community
- Access the product blog
- Check for maintenance updates
- Access an alerting instance you integrated with your SolarWinds Orion server. See Alert Integrations in the Orion Platform.
To configure web proxy settings:
- In the Orion Web Console, click Settings > All Settings > Product specific settings > Proxy Settings.
- Select Use the following settings, and specify the IP address and port number of the proxy server.
- If the proxy server requires authentication, select the check box, and specify the user name and password.
- Enter a URL, and click Test connection to verify that you can reach the destination address through the proxy.
- Click Save.