Map import requirements and configuration for EOC
This Orion Platform topic applies only to SolarWinds EOC.
- Orion EOC must currently be managing at least one SolarWinds Orion server.
- If Orion EOC is configured to use Active Directory accounts to access Orion servers, confirm that you have entered the password for the AD account in the Orion Logins section of EOC. Additionally, only AD accounts that were individually added to the Orion Server may be used to import a map. Active Directory group accounts are not compatible with Map Converter.
To run the Orion to EOC Map Converter utility, the user must also meet the following specifications:
- The user must run the Map Converter using a Windows Administrator account that also has Orion EOC Administrator role permissions.
- The user must log into the Map Converter using an Orion EOC account that was individually added to Orion EOC. Active Directory group accounts are not compatible with Map Converter.
- The user must have Orion EOC access to at least one Orion server.
- The user must have Node Management rights on the remote Orion server
Configure environment for the map import
SolarWinds-OrionToEOCMapConverter-1.5.exeto your Orion EOC server.
SolarWinds-OrionToEOCMapConverter-1.5.exe, and complete the installer.
- Provide members of the Users group Full Control of files in the folder
<volume>:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files. See Microsoft TechNet Library for more information.
- Allow the Everyone group Full Control to the folder
<volume>:\Windows\Temp\SolarWinds\NetworkAtlas\EOC\SolarWinds\NetworkAtlas\MapsWeb\EOC\localhostand all of its child objects. See Microsoft TechNet Library for more information.