Cannot find OIDs? Update the SolarWinds MIB Database for the Orion Platform
This Orion Platform topic applies only to the following products:
NAM — NPM — NTA — SRM — VNQM
SolarWinds maintains a MIB database that serves as a repository for the OIDs used to monitor a wide variety of network devices. The MIB database is updated regularly.
When you are creating a UnDP poller and cannot find an OID in the MIB tree, update the MIB database.
- Log in to the Customer Portal (https://customerportal.solarwinds.com/) using your SolarWinds Customer ID and Password.
- In the navigation bar, click Downloads > Orion MIB Database.
- On the MIB Database page, click Download Orion MIB Database.
- If you are using Internet Explorer and it prompts you to add the SolarWinds downloads site
http://solarwinds.s3.amazonaws.com, add the site to your trusted sites.
- After the download completes, extract
MIBs.zipto a temporary location.
- Open the folder with the extracted
MIBs.zip, and copy
MIBs.cfgto the SolarWinds folder on your default install volume.
The default location depends on the operating system. For example, on Windows Server 2016, MIBs.cfg is located in
You may need to restart the Universal Device Poller after installing the MIB database.
Add a device MIB
If you have a specific device MIB, you can have it added to the SolarWinds MIB database. See Add MIBs to the SolarWinds MIB database.
What is a MIB?