Display wireless heat maps for NPM in the Orion Web Console
This Orion Platform topic applies only to NPM.
- Create the wireless heat map in the Network Atlas.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console.
- To open a wireless heat map, use one of the following options:
- Go to the All Wireless Heat Maps resource, and click the thumbnail for the map. The map will open in the Wireless Heat Map view that includes all resources specific for wireless heat maps.
- Add the Map resource on the view, click Edit, select the map in the list, and click Submit.
See Add widgets to Orion Platform views, or classic dashboards for more details about adding the resource.
By default, the All Wireless Heat Maps resource is available on the NPM Summary view.
Change the time and frequency for regenerating the map
By default, the wireless heat map is regenerated once a day, and the information about clients connected to wireless access points is collected every 5 minutes.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- In the Thresholds & Polling grouping, click Polling Settings.
- Scroll down to the Wireless Heat Map.
- Adjust the time when wireless heat maps should be regenerated in Map Generation Start Time.
- Specify how often the information about clients connected to wireless access points should be collected in Default Client Signal Strength Poll Interval.
- Click Submit.