Add an SMTP server in the Orion Platform
This topic applies to all Orion Platform products except for the following products:
EOC — ETS — WPM
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Alerts & Reports grouping, click Manage SMTP Servers.
- Click Add SMTP Server.
- Provide the Hostname or IP Address of your SMTP Server and the designated SMTP Port Number.
The SMTP server hostname or IP address field is required. You cannot send an email without identifying the SMTP server.
- If you want to use SSL encryption for your alert email, select Use SSL.
Opting to use SSL automatically changes the SMTP port number to 465.
- If your SMTP server requires authentication, select This SMTP Server requires Authentication, and provide requested credentials.
- Click Save.