Configure NetFlow export on the device
The Configure Device to Export NetFlow Data page displays information retrieved from the current configuration file on the appropriate device. Define the NetFlow version and ingress or egress interfaces for export. Further on, define collectors that will be listening for NetFlow data.
When specifying the devices where you want to send exported flows, you can enter up to two devices. Consider the following:
- You must specify at least one device where flows should be sent. If no devices are specified, flow export will be configured on interfaces, but SolarWinds NTA will not get the flow data.
- At least one of the specified devices must be SolarWinds NTA poller. Without the poller definition, flow export will be configured on interfaces, but SolarWinds NTA will not get the data.
- Make sure that you do not specify your main SolarWinds NTA poller as one device and an additional SolarWinds NTA poller as the other device. If you do, SolarWinds NTA will get the same data twice, and duplicate the data.
- You need to provide a host name or IP address and a matching port.
- You cannot use the same device twice. The IP addresses must differ.
Configure the NetFlow export
- Select the NetFlow version to be exported in the NetFlow Version list.
- Define one or more devices, such as SolarWinds NTA pollers, where flows will be sent. Fill in host names or IP addresses and ports.
- Select interfaces from which you want to export traffic data.
- Select Ingress to export data entering the device.
- Select Egress to export data leaving the device.
- If you select both options, the amount of transferred data might double.
For more information, see Reasons not to export both ingress and egress NetFlow traffic data.
- Select I Understand, and click Configure to apply changes in the