Set up flow monitoring
To begin analyzing available flow data produced by devices in your network, install SolarWinds NTA, set up devices to export flow data, add your devices to SolarWinds NPM, and define what devices you want to monitor.
- Set up your network devices to export flow data.
- Add your network devices to SolarWinds NPM.
- (Optional) Verify that your collector services are up and listening on the correct port.
- Define what devices should be monitored by SolarWinds NTA.
- (Optional) Verify that SolarWinds NTA is monitoring appropriate applications, services, ports, and protocols.
- Wait a few minutes for SolarWinds NTA to collect flow or CBQoS data. Collected data displays in the SolarWinds NTA resources.